This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How on bloody earth do you work Twitter?
10-01-2012, 04:44 AM
How on bloody earth do you work Twitter?
I'm a new member on the Twitter website thing after hearing almost everyone else saying how great Twitter is...but how on bloody earth do you work it? I read and tried understanding the directions but it's like reading some foreign language. Can anyone help me? I'm getting myself more confused by the second. Please can someone speak English, simple English so that my brain can process it more easily LOL. Wink Thanks a bunch!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 04:52 AM

find people and follow them...

write your updates on your page... reply to others if you want.

Ads

First and formost..

YOU must be a believer in SCIENTOLOGY!!

once you can proove that.. things get easy to do.

I know nothing about Twitter, but I thought your question was funny as hell!

You just type and hit enter. how is that hard?

I'm a new member too dnt kno what i'm doin reallly dnt care cause I'm a myspace freak. Send me a friends request l7Heaven92@yahoo.com

Twitter IS a powerful tool. But the tool is only as powerful as you avail it to be.

There is so much perceived misconception about Twitter that it is not funny. Some is listed directly above this answer.

“Twitter & Stalking”
Sure, people can “stalk” you on Twitter, but they can do that on any social network. If ever you feel that is happening its relatively easy to block the person and/or report them to Twitter @Spam if not legal authorities depending on what is taking place. On Twitter, people only know what you tell them. Sooooo… If you don’t want them to know you change your underwear only once a month – Don’t tell them. It’s really that simple.

“140 Characters & Send”
Approaching Twitter with this mindset is likely to lead people back to the underwear gig talked about just above. Would you meet with your friends for a meal and immediately start talking about what color of undee’s you have on? Not likely. So why do people determine this is okay to do on social networks? Especially Twitter! Yikes. You have to have a reason to be on Twitter and follow that reason with your user ID.

“MySpace Rules Twitter”
All I can say on this one is – Wake Up. Twitter is the fastest growing social network ever and it isn’t being nice to the other social networks out there. Over the next year Twitter will continue taking the social networks by storm and some even acknowledge that by the changes they are implementing in an attempt to keep up with Twitter (IE the changes that FaceBook have been making lately). Twitter is hear to stay (at least till someone builds a better tool) and those that don’t figure it out will be left in the electronic dust of the super highway.

There are many tools that you can use to make your Twitter experience much more enjoyable. However, I’ll cover a couple of pointers with Twitter direct here.

1.Build your bio with rich focused keywords to whatever you are trying to achieve. I for example focus on telling people about healthy chocolate. Words like “Hi, I’m a” are not likely to do me much good while “chocolate” is an obvious no-brainer for my bio info.
2.Use the 140-character box to send your message, but put your keywords (words you want to focus on) in the first 45 characters of your message.
3.Use the search box on the right panel of Twitter to find people who are talking about subjects that you are interested in. Then you can tweet to that person your message and away you go.

There is definitely more to Twitter than I have explained above. However, getting the basics down before you move to more advanced steps is an extremely good idea. If you have any questions for me, other than what color or size my undee’s are you can tweet me at @BodyByChocolate and I’ll be glad to help further if I can.

The Body By Chocolate Man
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/BodyByChocolate

Twitter is a microblog, or a status updating social networking site in which you make friends and follow people, or get followed by people. And when your network grows bigger you can have your voice heard by many people in your friends networks too...
You blog or tweet with messages of no more than 140 characters. Things to be tweeted (= sending out a twit or tweet (message) on twitter) can be
what you are thinking or doing right now
a new post on your blog that you wrote
a ReTweet (RT) from someone else, think of it as a forward in email

ok just post ur 140 character messages on the home page
search for people and celebrities thru the "find people" button
and reply to messages by placing an @ sign before the persons name then writing ur message like @perezhilton haha just an example

follow me @kegrox

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's a video for you ;-)