This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get my own website?
05-16-2014, 11:38 AM
How do I get my own website?
I need to get a website in order to advertise myself as an English teacher. What is the easiest way to do this. I need to think about getting high up on a google search too. Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 11:54 AM

Visit webeden.com. if allows you to create your own FREE website and gives you a FREE do.main which gets put on the web. If you choose to actually buy it though CHEAP. Then you will be quite high up on the search engines. Good luck Smile

Ads

05-16-2014, 11:57 AM

You don't really need an entire website to advertise yourself as an English Teacher. I mean, how do you expect people to find you? If you want to further your career, then I suggest you create an account on LinkedIn.com. It's a free professional networking platform that essentially enables professionals, like yourself, to show their credentials to employers, network with other professionals, and search for jobs (it offers a lot more than that too).

However, if you want to start your own website- it's pretty easy and inexpensive. First, you must purchase a domain from a domain registrar. I use 1&1, but there are plenty of other options out there (GoDaddy, CheapName, Register, even Yahoo!). Once you've registered your domain name, you must chose a hosting site. Most domain registrars will also offer hosting in one package, but I would try to avoid these packages. The cost is low for the first year to lure you in, but since you've put your entire website in their hands, they will usually raise the price dramatically after the first year. Do some research first. After you have your site up and running, you should consider search engine optimization services to have better visibility when people search for you/ your website. However, with so many websites on the internet today, successfully advertising your website to be widely recognized is becoming more and more challenging. Good luck with whatever you choose.