This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marketing/Advertising!!?? Thinking of creating a facebook event while work is slow, what do you suggest?
10-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Marketing/Advertising!!?? Thinking of creating a facebook event while work is slow, what do you suggest?
I am a contractor/handyman in Texas. I do just about everything. At the present moment work is slow. I dont have 1 single unhappy customer. Been doin this solely for about a year now. Im in a small area, so at times, its difficult to stay busy. I have a facebook group, that has over 1000 local people. The group is called: Hill Country Swap Shop, Trade & Barter! I am thinking of creating a FB event to get all there attention and add the group to it. Here is 1 idea for an event, still lost on what to to title it:

Call me for a free estimate and get 1 hr of labor for only $15! (it would cover my gas, and hopefully meet some new clients)

Any other ideas for events, and what should I title the event?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 01:33 AM

A couple of suggestions: "Roll back of labor prices to 1960 level"; "Fight the high prices of today's economy"; "HFPGW - Honest, Fair Price, Good Work". Any variation of these titles would be permissible.

Ads

10-16-2012, 01:33 AM

I like that you're thinking outside the box. Facebook, twitter and other social media are vital for marketing no matter what type of business you have.

You should strongly consider using Groupon (have you heard of it?) or http://admyauto.com
both guarantee new customers and create exposure on macro and micro levels (respectively)

I think get any 1 hour repair FREE has a better chance of getting a few hits and of course some new contacts (which is what you really want of course). Many people have one or two simple fixes that they're too lazy to attend to, but would love to have someone come in and do for free. You should print some fridge magnets and leave one each time you do a free repair.