This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disconnecting internet connection?
05-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Disconnecting internet connection?
I have a lot of room mates that constantly download videos. We always fight about who consumes the most bandwidth, but it's actually them not me because I only use my computer to type papers. I want to disconnect there internet connection remotely from my computer. Is it possible to use the command prompt or a network program to disconnect there internet connection from my computer remotely while still allowing me to have access to my internet connection?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 03:13 PM

You can set it up to where you have to type in your name and password everytime you log in. Generally most people set it up to store the name and password for convienence.

Ads

05-16-2014, 03:16 PM

Depending on what brand of model of router you have, most routers will allow you to block/limit internet connections. All you have to do is go to your router's control panel - usually at http://192.168.1.1 - and it will let you do that.

Different routers have different features - some will just let your either block or allow computers, some let you set time or bandwidth limits, some will allow you to block certain websites, etc. You'll need to consult your owner's manual/tech support for information on specific features.