This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to setup a internet connection?
05-16-2014, 03:53 PM
How to setup a internet connection?
Hi

I am currently in trouble because my apartment is not able to setup a internet connection even though I have a modem and router. I have no idea how this works. Do you need to install something first before you setup the modem and router?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 03:54 PM

Did you get the modem from an Internet provider? If so, it should be able to connect to their service for Internet access. If you just purchased a modem and a router, you'll need to find out what ISP's are in your area and if they allow you to use your own modem to access their service.

Once you get the modem connected, just follow the setup instructions for the router to get it configured properly. Make sure you enable wireless security (encryption and password/passphrase) or else others will be able to use your WiFi and Internet connections.

Ads

05-16-2014, 03:58 PM

You need to have a service provider first and foremost. You connect the modem to the service and your router to the modem. Call your service provider for assistance in setting this up.