This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet problems?
05-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Internet problems?
I'm a long time player of league of legends, my internet is usually fine, however recently when I load into games and connect to skype calls, every 10 - 20 seconds it disconnects me from both and then reconnects me, it's been going on for a while now, even though in the past it has been fine. I've tried everything like resetting my router and such, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 06:51 PM

The signal dropping out and reconnecting is definitely characteristic of a hardware problem. I would advise you to call your ISP (i.e. Cox, Time Warner, NetZero, etc) to see if your modem has been receiving consistent signal.

If the modem is working without issue (can also be tested by connecting your computer directly to the modem, bypassing the router), the next step would be trying a new router. I would suspect this before anything else simply because it is the most common. Pretty much anywhere you buy a router will have a return policy you can use if the new router exhibits the same issue.

Last (an least likely) piece of hardware would be your network card. USB Ethernet and WiFi adapters exist to troubleshoot with/use but I would guess the router above all else.

Agent Jeffrey C.
Badge # 22329
Advanced Repair Agent | Precinct 184
Geek Squad Social Media Team

Ads

05-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Call your ISP