This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you read books that explain what is going on in other countries, especially restricted countries?
05-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Do you read books that explain what is going on in other countries, especially restricted countries?
I'm concerned about this, and one reason being that many don't know what is going on and therefore vote for some tyrant that will destroy our own nation. There's much more to it than that but will not try to go on and on. Hope you understand what I'm getting at. Thanks.

If so, which books have you read? I recommend reading books by Brother Andrew, and Richard Wurmbrand. Read "Secret Believers" by Bro. Andrew. Really eye opening.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 10:07 PM

I try to read varying news sources for that kind of information. I do wish I could read more history, particularly biographies.

Ads

05-16-2014, 10:15 PM

I talk t the people in many of those countries especially the ones in the Middle East in Chat rooms on voice chat in Paltalk. Many of them hate America and others admire America but many of the Americans including myself stand up to them because that is all they respect strength. Trying to appease them plays into their game.I sometimes look at their propaganda sights. I also have made quite a few friends in Iran and have illustrated a book of poems for one of them which was published in Iran and I have two copies. Through him I have met a few other people from Iran and there is a group of them on Facebook where we discuss art, literature and music. They admire my art work and I have often been called upon to give them lessons in art which i have done over the years. I have talked to people from China and Russia and all over Europe and form India never from North Korea but Afghanistan and Pakistan Saudi Arabia and many from Israel. I been to Australia so I chat with quite a few from there. There are also many form the UK who come in to chat. This is the real power of the Internet. It brings people together in dialog from all over the world.
05-16-2014, 10:26 PM

I have the odd feeling that you're referring to Barack Obama when you talk about "some tyrant that will destroy our own nation."

I listen to BBC World News, and read the NY Times and my local Newspaper, and I read various internet sites' news articles. I also watch documentaries. I try to get my information from a wide variety of sources and examine all my news critically, to make sure I'm not being fed misrepresentations. When I feel like I need more information on a given topic, I look it up from reputable sources--not from conspiracy websites.

I'm not sure that Brother Andrew is the sort of guy I'd want to recommend for learning about the world, although I'd be willing to hear some of his reports. Evangelical missionaries tend to have an agenda and see the world through a prism that I don't share.