This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Youtube stops loading after a few seconds?
05-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Youtube stops loading after a few seconds?
Now I know what you're thinking, "Pause the video and let it buffer/load."

Well, let me tell you this. Yesterday, and all the days before that, Youtube videos played with no problems such as the one I'm having today. I could load Youtube videos in 720p and 1080p HD no problem.

But as of today, a video will play (360p may I add.) and then stop completely after a few seconds. 5, 15, sometimes 19 seconds in. And it doesn't even stop to buffer, it just stops as if the video was paused. I skip ahead 3 seconds, and it'll play again for a few seconds, and then it'll stop. Really annoying.

Noticed it first on my iPad. I was using Safari and mobile Youtube, and I figured it might be a mobile device problem. So I switch to my laptop, and the same problem occurs, I have to keep clicking a few seconds forward every time it stops in order for my video to start to load again.

I've cleared my Cookies and Cache on both Google Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my iPad. Nothing seems to be working, I don't know if this is a Youtube problem or an ISP problem. I question my ISP because this morning, my modem wasn't online.
I even checked my internet speeds, and there was no drops. I can load web pages quickly as usual. It seems to be just Youtube. I have not checked other video hosting sites like Vimeo, but videos on Facebook load find.
fine*

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 11:20 PM

You Tube has changed the format so you cannot pause a video and let it buffer anymore. Some folks say it's to save bandwidth, but I honestly don't know the reason. What I do know is that I hate it!!! I either have to watch a video in a crappy resolution or have it skip and jump! Sorry to be so negative, but each time they change You Tube, it gets worse, not better! Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply