This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hide groups and fan pages from news feed on facebook?
10-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Hide groups and fan pages from news feed on facebook?
Is there any way i can hide facebook fan pages and groups on the main status updates and news feed page?
They've become terribly annoying :|

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 02:04 AM

in home page take mouse pointer to certain post you want to hide.then in right side 'hide' button will automatically appear.click 'hide ......(fan page/group name)'.this will hide all updates of groups/pages.

Ads

No, but damn, do I wish there was! You can hide specific people from your news feed, so if there's a few specific people who becomes a fan of millions of annoying things, hiding them should help a lot. You can also block posts automatically left by specific groups or games, like the ones that say "John earned 2,000 points today."

But to answer your specific question, no, there's no way to hide the constant, horribly annoying posts announcing that people joined various groups, or became a fan of whatever page!

------------------------------

UPDATE: Yes you can!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're using FireFox, install the add-on called Facebook Filter. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/47397

Once it's installed, go to it's settings and you can control what does & doesn't show up on your FaceBook news feed! It can even hide the advertisement in the top-right corner, and it can keep your news feed on "Most Recent" mode, so it doesn't automatically switch back to "Top News" every time you log in!

Yeah.. what he said ^
It's SO annoying, if you ever find out, please let us know!
I do not need to see that someone joined some page called "I LOL'd at this picture of a Columbian lady hitting a perplexed haddock with a vintage silk slipper" or something equally ridiculous. Argh.