This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be wrong to ask this guy and his family to visit me on his way to FL? (He lives in NY and I live in AL) *i'll a
05-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Would it be wrong to ask this guy and his family to visit me on his way to FL? (He lives in NY and I live in AL) *i'll a
Okay so a mutual friend whom we have both physically met introduced us on Facebook. Please don't give me a lecture about that, I neither need nor want one. Anyway, we are both 15 and I was wondering if it would be wrong to invite him over for dinner or something with our families together while they travel to FL to move. My house is about an hour off the route they will be taking. Should I invite him to visit me, or is that too much? (We've known each other since July of last year and we have talked every day since then. I'm pretty sure we qualify as best friends!)

*and we did Skype once for my birthday!*

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2014, 11:39 AM

OK, since you only want to hear answers you like...absolutely get him to come down to AL. You are 15 and know everything there is to know about relationships fostered on the internet. Since you know that, then you must surely also know that everybody on the net and Skype tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Thanks for including that you're in AL. It is famous for having the smartest, most mature 15 year olds in the universe.

Ads

05-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Hello Jeni, it is fascinating how you have made up your rmind about what you want to read. No lectures. I do not mean to be rude but at least out of courtesy you should offer to read all responses but reserve the right to make up you own mind. It is is perhaps not the smartest decision to invite some one off the net to any thing involving you or your family but you are qiute intelligent and a good identifier of false characters so in your estimnation there is no need and you do not want justifieable reasons for protecting your family and your self so go right a headset your self and family as a target.Try not to be too surprised when your are asked WTH were you thinking but older and wiser people.
I intend no negative meanings just doing my best to be positive so you don't completely judge yourself too harshly. Think of it this way your mom and dad inviting people to come to your house that they do not know have no knowledge of or no interest in meeting and exposing you to them because your parents said or a friend of a friend tole us that these people were cool. You would think you parents have gone mad. But you are the wise one so do what ever your little heart wants.

Good luck

Next time

Ps> If you were my younger sister, or I would do my best to educate you in the realities of being a girl who trusts too much. But guess what you don't want to hear that anyway I guess you know all that already by personal experience. Right??? .
05-17-2014, 11:56 AM

Well, you may THINK you know this person whom you have never met except over the internet - but, be that as it may. YOU do not have the luxury of inviting him and his parents to visit in your home on their way to Florida. Your parents do not know these people, and they may have no wish to know them or to have to entertain them in their home.
And furthermore, you need to consult a map. Unless these people are heading for the panhandle of Florida, Alabama is one state over from the route they would be taking if they are driving from NY to Florida.