This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do people on facebook do this?
10-16-2012, 02:14 AM
How do people on facebook do this?
How do people get their pictures to circulate all over facebook to people who aren't even in their friends list? I saw on facebook where this girl in my friends list got her picture uploaded by some other girl, her facebook is kind of looked like a type of "fan page" or something like this...She had a lot of subscribers. And she has albums where she adds other peoples pictures and then tags the person in the picture and writes the facebook page and tells people worldwide to like the picture...I was going to add her as a friend but i noticed that its says to not add her as friend in the "about me" section and she has over 3000 subscribers...I'm really not sure what kind of facebook account, or page this is, but does anyone know of a similar person or facebook page who does this type of thing with pictures? I want to start doing photography and i would like my pictures to be popular and recognized...

Thanks for the help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 02:22 AM

go to privacy settings and under "control your defult privacy" click friends of friends and then click save

Ads

Beats me.

The fact that you can share a picture gives the ability to have "viral" pictures spread throughout the internet. You've probably seen this especially for memes or "cat pictures", whatever. Social media is a great way to market/advertise graphics and is actually a platform for distributing this sort of thing.

You don't need any special tools or features to do this though, you just need some people with common interest to spread the word about your content. As long as your photos are good, they will be recognized. If you can find ways to encourage people to share your pictures, that's great. Getting subscribers and likes is important.

You would probably be surprised how important Facebook pages are for companies, websites and even photographers.

Reddit, imgur and similar websites can also spread publicity, but only if the photos are meaningful. Just trying to advertise using those sites will likely have a negative effect, but if your posts are earnest then you will benefit from them.