This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I give my estranged husband my fb and email passwords prior to reconciliation?
05-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Should I give my estranged husband my fb and email passwords prior to reconciliation?
Husband of 3 yrs left me 3 mths ago and moved two states away, 400-500 miles away. I have been trying to reconcile with him but he has been stringing me along. Now he is requesting me to give him my fb and email passwords before he considers moving back home. He says he is trying to see if I am telling him the truth. He says either I give him my passwords or it is OVER and he will block my number. We have not filed divorce papers yet. I have always been faithful to him until he started rejecting my calls, has not initiated a visit between us ( I have initiated and visited him twice in three mths, at my own expense). I have told him he could come back home and won't have to work, just continue with his online schooling and help out around the house. He is refusing until I give him my passwords and no guarantee then.

When I talk about me being faithful. I mean I have not had intercourse with another person. I have however, went on 4 dates with the same person and met 3 others one time through a dating site. I got on a free date site, trying to divert my attention away from my husband because I was so freaking heartbroken. I almost had a nervous break down over my separation.
Keep in mind my husband has blown me off, rejected my call and texts on numerous occasions, yelled at me in front of his brother, told me it was over on numerous occasions.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 10:59 PM

Since neither of you accept responsibility for your actions, I would just quit now.

Ads

05-18-2014, 11:15 PM

End it & move on.
05-18-2014, 11:28 PM

My husband and I trust each other implicitly, and with good reason, so I would have no trouble giving him any password he wanted. However, in your situation, I strongly recommend not giving him your passwords. For one thing, since he seems determined to find fault with you, nothing in your accounts is going to change his mind. For another, he could do a lot of damage with those passwords, by posting or sending things that look like they come from you. He could even change the password and lock you out of your own account, especially if you chose security questions he knows how to answer. If you do online shopping or banking, he could potentially get access to those accounts as well.

Don't let him threaten you. If he's going to divorce you, he's going to do it whether he has your passwords or not. Giving him your accounts will not save your marriage.
05-18-2014, 11:37 PM

Don&#x27;t give him your ids and passwords. He could post all kinds of stuff as you and impact your friendships with others.

As an alternative, you could offer to show him your friends online and walk through who they all are.

Don&#x27;t give him access.

Actually push for couples therapy.
05-18-2014, 11:43 PM

I've followed your questions on here and frankly, I don't like your husband. He left you. You did what you did. I can tell you again that he's being a jerk (remember when he was asking you for a bunch of money to prove your love?) I don't believe that he will come back. I think he wants the information to try to prove you were having an affair to get alimony so he can get your money without having to move back in with you. I'm sorry, but all the way that he has behaved hasn't seemed like a man who has any interest in reconciling. I think he's trying to do everything he can to get as much from you as he can.
05-18-2014, 11:58 PM

Asking for your passwords is ridiculous.

Going onto a dating site as a married woman was also ridiculous.

I din't think your marriage will work. He will always want some more proof that you are not cheating.,