This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does anyone know where I can go and see the internet is kept?
05-18-2014, 11:11 PM
does anyone know where I can go and see the internet is kept?
I've seen pictures of it, like a box with flashing lights, but I'd really like to know where it is. I want to be able to take my kids there and tell them about how the first website was made.

Does anyone know wher. It is or is it kept in some high security bunker or something.

Any help is appreciated

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 11:26 PM

Nope. Internet is not being kept for some reason. They are manned by telecommunication giants and hosting services. Wink

Ads

05-18-2014, 11:33 PM

That box with flashing lights would be your modem. That's where "The Internet" exists. It has no physical form, it is an abstract idea. Each website is held on a different server somewhere out there in the world, all linked by modems. The US military had something that later became the internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET) but I doubt you could see more than pieces.

That's why it's called a NET. As in NETwork.
05-18-2014, 11:44 PM

Oh yes the "inter-net" I actually have it!! I have it in my swimming shorts , it keeps my bits in place when I get out of the water! At the moment I have it outside my back garden hanging "on-line" I also do a bit of "net-work" too for example netted curtains and fishing nets!
let me know if you want to see my internet!!
05-18-2014, 11:56 PM

I have the internet