This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i share my internet connection with another computer in my home?
05-19-2014, 01:11 AM
how do i share my internet connection with another computer in my home?
i have 2 computers and dial up internet how do i allow my other computer to use my internet connection?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 01:15 AM

I used a D-Link wireless adsl router.

Ads

05-19-2014, 01:17 AM

i don't think dial up allows you to connect two computers at the same time unless a special modem is purchased from you're internet carrier.
05-19-2014, 01:30 AM

Use a router and network cards.
05-19-2014, 01:32 AM

Should be able to just hook the phone line in and dial up, if you have the network and all that worked out. If not there's a good chance windows somethingwizard will find it and set it up for you.
05-19-2014, 01:36 AM

Use a wireless router

get wireless cards/ long usb cables to hook up your system
05-19-2014, 01:44 AM

Connect the phone line to the computer, and install the software you use (AOL, netZero, etc...). Then sign in with your screen name. If you mean you want both computers to have internet at once, you shouldn't share dial-up. Its really not practical at all - dial-up is to slow to split between 2 computers, and theres a good chance you will simply get a connection timed out error when the bandwidth gets overloaded.
05-19-2014, 01:48 AM

Dail upp wil.l be unbelieve ably slow if youu split between twon computers i woule suggest a t3 connection if you want to get two computers on one inernet connection by using a router
05-19-2014, 02:02 AM

If you have windows XP or windows 2000 you could use your computers ICS (Internet connection sharing) wizard. This tool can be found by clicking start->control panel->network connections. Once you are in the network connections window click the 'setup a home or small office network' link on the left hand side of the window and in the wizard follow the instructions for sharing an internet connection.

Be sure to follow the checklist for creating a network in the wizard. It will make sure that all your computers meet the requirements for creating a home network and a shared connection.

Otherwise you could also buy a router. A router is a device specifically designed for sharing an internet connection. Unfortunately most routers these days are desinged for DSL or CABLE internet connections though, not dialup.

Good luck,
Dave.
05-19-2014, 02:11 AM

there are split up boxes available in shops.. ask them for straight cables and not cross cables. the main wire is let to the split up box and the two straight cables are made to come out from the split up box. these straight cables can be connected to ur computers and they can access the internet simultaneously..