This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google opens metro type window every time I go on internet?
05-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Google opens metro type window every time I go on internet?
I have Windows 8.1

As of a couple of days ago, when I use Google Chrome I am taken away from the main desktop and sent to something that looks a lot like metro but is a blank grey screen with only google apps on it. I was browsing the internet fine and then suddenly google chrome closed. When I opened it again it sent me to this metro setup.

I don't like it - simple as that. I like to have the internet on in the background and be able to switch back and forth between it at will using the taskbar.

Had a look in tools and settings in google chrome but cannot seem to find and option to change it back and a google search hasn't helped but then I am probably missing something really simple.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this whole 'metro-esque' setup?

Cheers

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 01:26 AM

ok open chrome then at the top right u should see 3 lies this it the settings tab click on it and go down to relanch chrome in desktop mode

Ads

05-19-2014, 01:31 AM

what craig said. OR you can make internet explorer or some other internet browser as your default browser. I think that might also fix it, PERHAPS.