This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to connect to wifi without administrator password windows xp laptop?
05-19-2014, 01:53 AM
how to connect to wifi without administrator password windows xp laptop?
i have a windows XP laptop without admin password. when i try to connect it says i need admin password. i dont know it, though. any service or something that will work? im open to ANY answers related to this problem.\

thanx,
garrett

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 02:07 AM

You need to get the administrator to set it up, and they should set it up for use by ALL users.

Ads

05-19-2014, 02:23 AM

how do connect wifi to cell phn from motel it keep showing!! xglowmation mark.?
05-19-2014, 02:39 AM

OK, do the following, please. It might help you.

1. On a computer that is ALREADY connected to the internet, open command prompt by going to Run (Start menu search box in Windows Vista/7) and typing in CMD then pressing enter.

2. In command prompt, type IPCONFIG and press enter.

3. Scroll back to the top and look at the first paragraph of words underneath the place you typed IPCONFIG. It should say something like Local Area Connection or Wireless Connection. (Something like that)

4. Underneath the title, look for Default Gateway. Copy down the numbers that follow it.

E.G. 385.689.1.1

5. Now open your internet browser (USE Google Chrome! Other browsers do NOT work!), type the number that followed default gateway into the URL bar, and press Enter.

6. A message box should appear asking for a username and password. If it doesn't, wait a few seconds until it does.

7. For the Username and password, look at your router. It should be on a label, sticker, or other thing located on your router. Take a look at your ENTIRE router to find the username and password.

8. Once you've discovered what they are, type them into the box that is asking for a password and username and submit it.

9. A webpage should load.

10. The webpage SHOULD contain the password. If it does not, look through it.

11. Now go onto the computer that you are trying to connect to the internet, and use the password to access your WIFI.
05-19-2014, 02:55 AM

You need to get the administrator to set it up.