This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No-one comments or "Likes" your FB wall. Does it increase your loneliness?
05-19-2014, 02:20 AM
No-one comments or "Likes" your FB wall. Does it increase your loneliness?
So it's modern to have 100+ friends, which maybe makes us feel like we have lots of friends, but we have no face-to-face contact. Moreover, we don't know more than half of those people in person. Each daily you check your news feed and notifications section at least several times a day. And finally you notice that when you post something - no one responds. Then you go to your friend's profile and see that they have a lot of friendly and even funny comments, virtual links and some other interesting stuff they get from those people. But no matter what you write on your wall or what cute song or a joke you share in between, in 1 week you get up to 5 or less comments and several "Like" clicks without NO comments at all. You see at least 10 friends (or more) to CHAT with, but no-one is interested to write you. The more you feel this lack of attention, the more often you check this social website. When you meet some of those people in real life (friends, acquaintances, colleagues, students) they smile to your face and say "hi" but then again - when you see them ONLINE they don't write you anything at all.

Does it happen to you? Do you think FB enhances your loneliness or do that mean that friends really don't care of you (maybe you have no REAL friends at all?) Tell me your thoughts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 02:25 AM

depends what kind of person you are :L i don't get many likes but it doesn't effect me. I have a really close group of friends and we don't really conform. Not many people like us calling us "lesbians" e.t.c but i don't care at all. I have fun and love my life and if i cared and stopped being "lesbiany" i would not have fun. And fb friends aren't real friends. You need to talk to them in real life. Then you know if you're not lonely x online chat doens't mean anything, everyone acts different cuz you can hide behind a screen. And maybe they'd reply if you talked to them first?

Ads

05-19-2014, 02:39 AM

yeh they think your boring try adding intresting photots and write itresting statuses

Watch this youtube video?
GO ON YOUUTBE AND TYPE XPRISCILLAERKELENSXX
and go on youtube and type og nicki there both amazinngggg
share and publish this on facebook and you'll get lots of likes

share videoss alot and people will find you intrestinggg
05-19-2014, 02:54 AM

First of all, the people you "add" on facebook aren't real friends at all, sometimes they're just people you know or saw at least one time in person, if you add unknown people, that's worse for you.
There's a relationship between how many people you have in your list and the comments you receive or the attention your profile gets on FB. The more people, more comments and wall views. That of course doesn't mean anything if you have thousands in your list but just a few real friends.
Also, some people get a lot of attention because they spam facebook all day. If you have normal people and normal friends in your life, you shouldn't be wasting time on facebook. If most people you know waste time on facebook (ie, they comment a lot and publish things more than 1 time a day), you're a very lonely person.
05-19-2014, 03:08 AM

It depends actually. Yes, this happens to me, but I don't really care about it. Facebook doesn't really enhance your loneliness I mean, and that doesn't mean that friends don't really care about you. Real friends don't come online or show online. To show if they're your REAL friends, you have to see those REAL friend actions in person. You can't actually see if a person lies to you, but you can sometimes see if a person lies to see you when you can actually see their face. Also, you don't really need to care if you don't have many friends, the REAL friends will show soon, and maybe that REAL friend may come as 1. Smile Smile Smile
05-19-2014, 03:13 AM

Yes...
Well, unless your news feed isn't full of your facebook friends posting on other's walls.