This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Help please(:?
05-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Facebook Help please(:?
So on Facebook, lots of my family are my friends but as I have learned recently, they are sending pictures of everything I post to my mother. Excuse me lol. It's not like I'm posting anything bad, I just don't want my mom to see everything I post. I like my personal space. Is there a way to block them so I'm still friends with them, but they can't see anything else I post on my timeline? Thanks lots(;

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 03:33 AM

Yes Smile haha I do this all the time to my family. I block my relationship status and pictures and statuses. Each have there own button to press but for example if you were posting a status there would be a little axle setting icon on the bottom right of the box , Simply click that, choose "Custom" and write the name of your family members under" Don't share with..."

Ads

05-19-2014, 03:45 AM

I'm guessing that your mom either isn't on Facebook or isn't your friend on Facebook.

If you are an adult, have you tried talking to these relatives to tell them that you don't appreciate them violating your privacy like this? If your posts aren't "bad" and they're not showing your mom as a way to tattle on you, they should know that you have the right to share what you want with your mom, but that you also have the right to NOT share everything.

But, if you don't want your mom to see these things, the best thing to do would be to put these relatives on your restricted list. It's really not fair that your Facebook friends know more about your life than your mom.....Just sayin'.
05-19-2014, 03:55 AM

Whenever You post something, change the privacy of that post to Friends Except, and in the Exception list, type the names of your family people. Everyone except them will see your post. But Beware from their another ID. Everything is possible in Love, War and on the Internet..
05-19-2014, 04:08 AM

Select the person whom you want to share the pictures then block the particular posts for the person whom you don't want to share by using customs options in the right side of the picture...