This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I prepare for SEO interviews?
05-19-2014, 03:31 AM
How can I prepare for SEO interviews?
I have 4 months of experience in SEO and now I'm searching a job in another company. I wanna know what type of questions may be put up for the person having 3-5 months of working experience. What is there I should focus on before going on any interview Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 03:41 AM

Just make account on Odest,freelance and Elance and give test and evaluate yourself.

Ads

05-19-2014, 03:44 AM

Try to prepare yourself and try some online jobs on elance.com
Good luck!
05-19-2014, 03:45 AM

When I'm interviewing someone about search engine optimization or online marketing in general, I first make sure they understand the fundamentals - look at SEOmoz's Beginner Guide if you need a refresher course.

Next, I'll make sure they've stayed up to date on search engine news. I'm not talking about Panda... even non-SEOs know about that. For example, do you know how many confirmed "Panda" updates there have been since the initial change? Few people do, but good SEOs will have a general idea, at least.

Next, if I gave you a minute or two to outline an SEO audit, could you do it? See the links below for a list of things you'll need to include.

Everything I've mentioned so far assumes your interviewer knows SEO, or at least has read up a bit on it. If they don't, you should still know what I've talked about (it's your job, either way). But I'd recommend going to every job interview having previously researched the company and with a piece of paper outlining three projects or strategies you'd want to implement for them. That will impress any manager, SEO-savvy or not.
05-19-2014, 03:55 AM

Learning through a few SEO blogs and doing some small SEO projects even for a friend can be a lot of help.

Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant
05-19-2014, 04:11 AM

Hey I got a few ideas to help you:
1. Prepare and plan ahead
2. Practice Articulating SEO
3. Read the latest
4. Company’s blog
5. Show an interest: prepare some questions

That's all I can say! do your research...