This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I own a website based on college and am looking to reach out to the most students, how can I do this?
10-16-2012, 03:09 AM
I own a website based on college and am looking to reach out to the most students, how can I do this?
I own a website that has to do with college life, college students, etc. I am looking for the best way to maybe market this site to them. I have not tried going through a SEO consultant yet, but am very close to doing so if I can't figure this out on my own. I was thinking of purchasing a mailing list of Facebook users that go specific colleges so that I may be able to individually type in their emails into Facebook and direct my marketing towards them through invites, add as friend requests, etc.

Any advice/help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 03:17 AM

Eric,

Search engine optimization is not likely to help you gain high amounts of traffic for your website. SEO consultants are not a good investment for most entry level websites.

Your best bet is to make sure that your website has its internal SEO configured in a way that optimizes its contents visibility for search engine crawlers.

Depending on your website development environment the optimization tools and process will be different. Word-Press blogs use "categories" for the main keyword and "tags" for the supporting keywords.

For a simple check of the optimization of an existing website I use a free readiness analyzer at: http://www.creatingonline.com/site_promo...hecker.htm

All you need to do is to add your URL into a text box an hit the go button.

This will give you an idea of what is involved for website search engine optimization. You will find this easy to use and it will list the areas you have to look at.

Once your website is optimized a few dollars on focused advertising will be all you need. Facebook may be a good solution for you. I have used AdWords and gained a lot of visitor traffic in under a month for around $100.

My http://www.wordpress-seopressor-sales.com has additional free information on website SEO optimization and my personal blog is listed where you will be able to find practical examples.

Internal SEO is not difficult to understand and get optimized into web page content.

Good Luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply