This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is an iPhone 5 16GB enough?
05-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Is an iPhone 5 16GB enough?
I love taking pictures, downloading apps, and I text alot. Will a 16GB iPhone do for me? Can you guys estimate how much songs, photos, apps could fit in and how much gb does iOS take?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 08:46 AM

32 GB is probably enough

Ads

05-19-2014, 08:47 AM

It's really depends. Some apps are large and can take up quite a fair bit of space. Pictures would also eat up your space. You don't really have to worry about texting because the space it takes up is really small.

If you are really worry, probably you could go forthe 32GB model if price isn't a concern for you.
05-19-2014, 09:02 AM

Ah, here goes...

Apps: The thing about apps is, they can be small such as low quality games or simple tasks, or they can be console quality games or large tasks. It really depends on what kind of apps you use. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social network apps are small. If that's the only app type you use, go for 16 gb. If you are an iOS "Gamer" like me, you will need extra room to fit all of those games. Angry Birds style games don't take up much space at all though.

Pictures: The iPhone 5 has a great camera, and if you like to take a lot of pictures and don't like to connect your iPhone to the computer to save them and then delete them from your phone, then they will start adding up.

Music: iTunes' standard music quality has increased (also increasing the price of songs) and that increases how much space the song takes up. If you have an iTunes library with a lot of songs taken from CDs, they have a lower quality sound. Don't get me wrong, I can't tell the difference between a track if it was downloaded or ripped. If you want to free up space and aren't an audiophile, you can connect your phone to iTunes and make all your music on your phone be all one "Lower" quality, while freeing up a ton of space.

(The OS takes up about 1.5-2 gb)

I would say that 16 gb is enough space for the ordinary person, and I would go with that. If you are somewhat good at managing space, then go for it. If you like to leave a lot of space consuming stuff on there, you might want the 32 gb. If you need more info, contact me, and I'll send you more info.
05-19-2014, 09:18 AM

If you're not sure about 16GB, get the 32GB. It will be enough for you although 16GB is pretty much big. iOS takes 3.8GB approximately. If you get 32GB, you'll have 28.2GB more or less. If you need iPhone 5 without contract cheaper than retail, mail me to yanastorff@yahoo.com
05-19-2014, 09:27 AM

Text alot = doesn't matter
Alot of pictures = 5 has a great camera, those pics will add up, especially HD video. Offload to the computer so it doesn't consume all your phone space.