This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why cant i get onto internet and install drivers because no drivers for ethernet or network controller?
05-19-2014, 11:14 AM
why cant i get onto internet and install drivers because no drivers for ethernet or network controller?
so i had to restore my hp pavilion dv6 (and wipe the hardrive) yesterday. I re-installed windows 7 and now it's not letting me connect to my wireless. it says 'not connected-no connections are available'. in computer management it says there are no drivers installed for:Ethernet controller, network controller, PCI device, SM bus controller. the network adapters are 'Bluetooth device(personal area network)' and 'bluetooth device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI). there are also no drivers for my graphics card. i dont understand how i can get the device drivers without connecting to the internet. i have also tried connect my laptop directly to my wireless hub via an ethernet cable. that didnt work either. i know that my hub works fine as there is another computerin thehouse working fine. i am already going through the horror of losing everything on my hardrive and i've spent the whole weekend trying to fix this. one problem comes up after another.if anyone could provide any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 11:27 AM

You should find that the following URL is the gateway to the drivers you need:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ct=4121236

If you're using a 32-bit version of Windows 7, you can go here:

If you're using a 64-bit version of Windows 7, you can go here:

You can save all the device drivers to a CD, a DVD, or a USB flash drive, take the CD, DVD, or flash drive to your computer, and install them from the medium on which you've stored them.

Ads

05-19-2014, 11:31 AM

It aint that its not letting you- its that it dont know how to cos you deleted the drivers when you re-installed

Get a friend to go to the HP website and download ALL the drivers for your pc from there (should be in the support page)

(If they aint there then try contacting HP online support via your friend , tell them whats happened and if they can supply the drivers

When you get them then copy to a flash drve and copy them onto yoru pc then install them ALL

The only problem you have is that you did not think about what you were doing before you did it.
You SHOULD have made sure you had ALL the drivers for your pc before you re-installed.
(its likely there will be several drivers for your pc and its important you install them ALL)