This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can i combine several internet connections?
05-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Can i combine several internet connections?
I wonder if i can connect several routers with adsl connections, properly configured, with no dhcp, and connect them to a final router to distribute INTERNET through the LAN environment .
My final idea is to make a LAN party with 200 computers, and have several INTERNET connections as one, and can connect them all.

any help or tips are welcome! Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 02:28 PM

Neat idea but it would never work as, even if you could do this, you can only have one IP address per machine at a time so any connections could only be sent through on one pipe and the bottleneck would be the router they were trying to go through. It would not speed anything up.

Now if you could get several internet connections to one site for your LAN party, it WOULD work quicker if you set up the users in groups on different connections. That way they would only be sharing bandwidth per group instead of all together. For this you would need a separate internet connection with its own modem, then connect a router linked to say a 24 port switch. Then the 24 on that switch would be sharing their own connection.

Ambitious thought!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply