This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attempting a facebook Game in Javascript, Need Expert Advice?
05-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Attempting a facebook Game in Javascript, Need Expert Advice?
Hello, I am interested in attempting a javascript RPG that may possibly be ported to facebook. I have a good amount of C++ under my belt, but I know absolutely nothing about Java and (mainly) Javascript (I do know HTML) but I was wondering about facebook and how it works with Java...

Is facebook compatible with WEBGL? (For the 3d, just out of curiosity).

If Javascript is the client side of my program, what would be a good choice for the server side of it?
Also, which language would I use to communicate between the client running javascript and the server running.... whatever it should be running?

Also, can javascript itself run a basic 2d rpg? Is there anything else I'll need to make it feasible?

Last thing, I don't want to register a website to test out my server-client interactions, and way I can make a "fake" server with my brothers computer on my own network that would react like it were on a different network?

thanks a lot,

Devlin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 04:35 PM

visit the Facebook Developers Page and you Can learn How to get your game onto facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply