This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would a girl accept a phone call for a date after turning down a text (Can't ask in person)?
05-20-2014, 03:30 AM
Would a girl accept a phone call for a date after turning down a text (Can't ask in person)?
So let me explain the situation...I know a girl from a college class that I was in last semester and is now over. We talked a handful of times but I never got the chance to ask her out in person. I know it sounds lame but I was extremely busy with tons of things going on in my life during that time and it didn't enter my mind to ask her out until like the last week when it was too late. I'm mad at myself too because she was clearly interested in me and even invited me to a study group she was in once but I had to turn it down because I really had something else at the same time that I couldn't miss.

Anyway, now that the semester is over we are in a weird situation because she doesn't attend classes anymore but she still lives in the same town...so in other words I could still ask her out but I will never run into her on campus so I can't ask her in person. So I actually asked for her number on facebook and explained that I had so much going on I never had a chance to get to know her so I wanted to ask for her number to set up lunch sometime and she said "sounds good!" and gave me her number. So I thought everything was great and I texted her a few times just about things going on in her life and she always responded back quickly and then I finally decided to text her for lunch (since I couldn't see her in person I figured texting might be less awkward than calling) and she turned me down (she didn't say no but she kind of politely said she was too busy).

So now looking back I feel kind of dumb since all I did was facebook and text her like a middle school kid and also lunch might have been too strong. I'm thinking I will wait a week or two when she might be less busy and try calling her and maybe just ask her for coffee. Do you think I should do this or should I just give up?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014, 03:44 AM

Try one more time, but if she declines this time then back off. She may really be busy, in which case you can just say, "Just let me know the next time you're free if you'd like to get lunch/coffee/etc." And if she contacts you, you know she's interested. Smile

Ads

05-20-2014, 03:52 AM

You&#x27;re being very sensitive about this, which is good. Since you have her on Facebook, have you scrutinized her posts and likes to see if she might be after somebody else at the moment?
But personally, I think calling might be a little to strong, especially if she declined you over text. Text her again to see if she&#x27;s free. Lunch isn&#x27;t a big deal, it&#x27;s not like a dinner date and you even said yourself she was &quot;clearly interested&quot; in you. I mean after last semester where you rejected her advances she might not want to seem too easy.