This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joined twitter but need help learning how to use it please?
05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Joined twitter but need help learning how to use it please?
Ok, I just joined the site Twitter. But the only thing i learned to do was post a tweet. i dont know how to write people, or reply...i look at other pages and i see they get personal messages from users and they reply. how do u do that? yes, i was told to click on the "@username" link on right side but i dont see it. i see updates, favorites, etc. what does that mean?

plus when they post links..it starts with tinyurl.com/blah blah blah

so as u can see...im really lost lol. can anyone break it down for me? plus add any other useful information.

thank you soooo much!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014, 09:58 AM

To send a reply you put the @ followed by the Twitter id of the person you want to reply to and then a space before you type your message.

In other words if 1 of my followers wanted to send me a reply they would put @SusanCarroll Thanks for the info... in the update box.

When you type in the @TwitterID you should see the input button change to a reply button so you'll know you've done it right.

As for the stuff in the right column:

The @YourTwitterID link shows you all the replys you've received

Direct Messages is used to send and receive private messages to your followers.

Favorites are the tweets you've received that you marked as being a favorite. You can mark you favorite tweets by clicking the star that appears when you move your cursor over the tweet.

Hope this helps.

Susan

Ads

05-20-2014, 10:04 AM

Have you started following people yet? It makes more sense when you start to do that.