This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My laptop has this problem where when i brows the internet it randomly disconnecte's from the WiFi connection for no app
05-20-2014, 06:00 PM
My laptop has this problem where when i brows the internet it randomly disconnecte's from the WiFi connection for no app
i go to Network and sharing center and it says there's no connection. so i troubleshoot it and its says at the end that it fixed: "Problem with wirelesses adapter or access point" this happens every 5-10 mins and its really annoying. The wierd thing is that if im watching a video while it disconects the video still plays till the end!!!! PlS HELP ME!!!. I know its Just me because when i go to my other pc it is fine. same with my brothers pc its just me.

This started happening a few days ago.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014, 06:02 PM

I would say either your wireless card is dead or you have some weird drivers.

Go to your PC manufacturer's or Wireless card manufacturer's website and update your wireless drivers. If you keep having issues, I would recommend replacing the wireless card.

That or it may be a case of a weird IP setup on your router, if one of the devices in your house is kicking you off due to an odd setup, it will be annoying to fix.

If you need a hand feel free to contact me at http://www.honestcanadian.com

Cheers and Good Luck

Ads

05-20-2014, 06:16 PM

I know about this issue i also faced it. It happens if you have Atheroes network adapter or driver and your wifi router or devices has the same brand adapter. You can change you wifi security type in WEP . You will not face problem of frequent disconnection.

Otherwise no option you have to change you wifi router.
05-20-2014, 06:22 PM

Turn off "auto disconnect when battery is low" feature and plug in the battery charger to illiminate those 2 things.
Check the switch that controls wifi off/on if so equipped. Is it flakey?

Check the signal strength (on taskbar) and stay very close to the router and see if you still drop off .
. Simplify the problem by merely leaving the laptop connected to the home page.
If it stays connected on the home page then the site or settings for the site where it fails are causing the problem. Yes- plug ins and settings can cause drop off.

One of the antenna wires came loose on my laptop and it caused the same problem. When this happens, you will stay connected when very near the router but you will have very limited range. There is a small cover held on by a screw on the back to look for this problem but you should illiminate the other things first. This is way down the list, so make sure it fits the problem before unscrewing things.
05-20-2014, 06:23 PM

Hello,

I think that you are going to need to get a newer technology faster frequency wireless access point not a router. I use Cisco wi-fi at my house. Never has any issues with this box and works well 200 feet away. (easy to set up as well) Worth every penny for me.

http://r.ebay.com/aDpEU9