This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i make aol my default internet connection?
05-20-2014, 06:51 PM
how do i make aol my default internet connection?
i downloaded aol 9.0 onto my laptop and i use it as my primary internet connection b/c my internet explorer doesnt work...my laptop is telling me that i need to do an update for maintenance b/c it's saying that the health is poor but it wont let me do an update b/c my internet explorer isnt working...so do i have to have internet explorer to do my laptop checkups? and if so how do i get my internet explorer to start working again...it's not letting me do an update by using my aol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014, 07:01 PM

First, if AOL is your provider, it is your primary Internet connection (if that is who you subscribe to). Windows IE is a program, not a provider. It's much the same as making Yahoo your default home page, just go into tools and set it as your default...Oh, that's right, your IE is not working. I'm guessing it's been corrupted somewhere along the line. That's an easy fix...maybe. I would simply do a system restore. Don't get nervous, not a complete restore but a roll back. Simply roll your system back to a time when IE was working. You will not loose documents but all programs that were installed after that restore point will need to be re-installed. If you choose this option remember to go to Microsoft Update and reinstall all updates as they will also be uninstalled. If you are not up to speed on how to do a system restore (roll back) w/Windows it's pretty simple, just go to Microsoft help and it will walk you through it. I could go on and on, get pretty detailed, but it would help if I knew where you were w/basic computer/Windows knowledge. You may email me if you wish but I think you can take care of it on your own.
Option one: System Restore/Roll Back
Option two: Geek Squad...Don't spend the money
Good luck, you will be fine.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply