This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my Internet connection acting so slow?
05-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Why is my Internet connection acting so slow?
Everyday, between 6 AM and 2 PM EST, my Internet connection slows down dramatically. Anytime between 6 AM and 2 PM, my connection runs below 150 Mbps, and anytime other than that the speed is over 300+ Mbps.

I'm connected to a router using Wi-Fi, and the router is security-enabled, so no one is leeching. In addition, I'm using cable Broadband Internet.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 04:54 AM

there are several reasons like poor connectivity, signal not transmitting correctly,non-suitable environment for wireless connectivity,old drivers install,OS infected with viruses or spywares etc

Ads

05-21-2014, 05:10 AM

The other answerer is correct.

It could also be a lot of people in your neighbourhood accessing the internet at that time and hogging the bandwidth.

That's not usually a busy time though, usually it's only early evening that is slow.
05-21-2014, 05:24 AM

It sounds to me that you are describing the speed of your WiFi connection, not your internet connection. With a connection speed of up to 300 + Mbps I assume you are on an N wireless network. That is the speed that your computer communicates with the wireless router. Your internet connection is at a different speed, generally 1.5 Mbps - 50 Mbps depending on your provider.

A great place to check your actual internet speed is:
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
Use that site and select the nearest city to see what your internet connection speed is running at.

Now, for why your wireless network may be slowing down... that could be for many reasons. Since it is a wireless network it is prone to interference from other devices whether that is cordless phones, microwaves... pretty much any electronic device can cause interference. But since your internet connection is most likely nowhere near 150 Mbps or 300 Mbps it shouldn't affect your internet speed which is much slower.