This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i keep ignoring slacker friends?
05-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Should i keep ignoring slacker friends?
I don't want to be rude or anything but I started hanging out with two old friends from high school. I only hung out maybe 3 or 4 times with them as of date but I just don't like them. They are very manipulative and only want to get high. They want to hang again but I really don't want to because everytime I try to do something with them they make appoint to ruin my plans and want to smoke.

I don't want to hurt anyones feelings either so I've just been ignoring them. One of the friends just texted me and like something on my instagram. What should I say, if anything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 08:00 AM

I would keep ignoring them. They will take the hint and move on soon enough. It's normal for people to grow apart, and it sounds like they stopped caring about your friendship long before you did.

Ads

05-21-2014, 08:14 AM

What you describe aren't friends...they're users or simply folks with bad self-esteem that bring others down to make themselves feel better. I'd just treat them with kindess when I had to, but otherwise just let them be. There's more to life than getting high...and depending on where you are, it's illegal and certainly not a kindess to your body. Move on....and don't think twice about it.
05-21-2014, 08:30 AM

You have only hung out with them a couple of times, so it wouldn't be a big problem to decline if they ask you to hang out again. Ignore them, since you don't enjoy being with them.