This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can I get any sponserships for my car?
05-21-2014, 08:05 AM
how can I get any sponserships for my car?
I have a 2007 bmw 328i. I know sponsors wont just pick me up and give me free parts. I would like to get sponsored to get introduced into bigger things rather than just doing upgrades myself for fun. I just dont know where to start..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 08:08 AM

first things first. do you compete in any sort of motorsports?
if so good job if not, you must get into some sort of motorsports. check out things like autocross, drifting and amateur track events. get into them and get good. by the time you do that you will have already gotten the knowledge of how to get sponsorships.
if however you are already competing and you don't know what to do then you'll want to make a personal portfolio of your career in motorsports. show them that you can perform and that you draw attention to events. make social media sites for you as a competitor and get as many people as possible to join. this shows that you have what the sponsor is looking for which is attention from the rest of the world. once you do that, start sending letters asking for sponsorships to different companies. not just parts but anyone the more sponsorships the better. when you ask people for sponsorships make sure to tell them what you can offer them. show them the portfolio and offer them logo space on your competition car. the more they give the more space. even if you are just getting a small sponsorship from a convenience store it helps because it proves that people are willing to spend money on you. when you have a good portfolio and previous sponsorships you can start to ask parts makers for bigger deals. start out small, say you want to upgrade brakes, buy them from a company but ask them if they'll sponsor you to get even better ones, this way they won't see the money loss as much and you get better parts. maybe later you can ask that same company if they'll give you other parts like a sway bar or something. remember that having a lot of small sponsorships is good but the ultimate goal would be to have 1 company sponsor your whole car so keep coming back to those parts distributors/makers.

you are a long way from getting any sponsorships, in time work and money. to get into motorsports you need a lot of money, it doesnt matter that you have a BMW, in fact you should probably sell it and get a cheaper everyday car and save up the money to get a different competition car. motorsports are killer on cars and if you still need to get around for your regular work you can't have the risk of losing your car in competition. if you change cars you can also look into rallycross events. they are similar to autocross but have a much clearer path to sponsorships. it's also a very good idea for you to go to race school. race school costs around $10,000 and gets you your basic competition license so that you can compete in larger events. it will also get you the skills required to be a competitive driver.
personally i think you are a minimum of 4 years out from getting sponsorships if you happen to get into motorsports heavily right now. your best bet is to get on forums and find out where people are competing. go to track days even if they aren't competitive. get into the world of motorsports first and whether you want to or not you will pay a lot of money before you get a sponsor.

and let me make this clear, NO ONE IS GOING TO SPONSOR YOU IF YOU DO NOTHING. you need to show that you can give companies the advertisement they want.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply