This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is google chrome browser a good browser when it comes to not getting viruses?
05-21-2014, 10:47 AM
is google chrome browser a good browser when it comes to not getting viruses?
i want to download google chrome for speed, but is it good at internet security like firefox? i have superantispyware and avira, and interent explorer and i cannot afford a virus. where doi download google chrome from?
i like to ue youtube a lot and download videos alot which browser is better for downloading and videos

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 10:58 AM

NO i had google chrome, got a whole bunch of virus and my computer tech told me never to use it again

Ads

05-21-2014, 11:00 AM

search "google chrome" on google and it'll bring your right to a download mirror, chrome is perfectly capable of protecting you, it has a pop up blocker, and has you authorize anything that involves opening another page or downloading, oh and that girl who got a lot of viruses was probably being an idiot with it.. just don't download sketchy things, its not that freaking hard..
05-21-2014, 11:12 AM

Google Chrome and Firefox have some of the best security (arguably the best) in the business. You can download WOT for Firefox or Chrome here: http://google.com/chrome/

Firefox is faster for most things than Chrome, Chrome is basically optimized for Videos but very fast for everything else. I find Firefox faster for all things other than videos.
05-21-2014, 11:14 AM

google is very good i use it and firefox it also now has a lot of addons you can use.
05-21-2014, 11:20 AM

You can download it from http://www.google.com/chrome

As for viruses, its biggest advantage is that it is unpopular. This means that viruses are very very very rarely written to take advantage of any security flaws it may have.

There is however no substitute for a good scan and being smart with your surfing and downloading.
05-21-2014, 11:30 AM

I love Firefox but I use Chrome cuz Firefox doesn't work well on Win7 64 bit (for me)