This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i make a free website like facebook?
05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
How do i make a free website like facebook?
my friends and i love facebook! so i would love to know a website that i can create for free the my friends can go on and make statuses and interact on my website. if anyone knows websites taht i can create that relates to facebook (FOR FREEEE) please answer and tell me asap!
thank you :]
ive tried weebly.com and thats not what im looking for, and i already know about the facebook fan pages and thats not what im looking for too. i want my own website that i can creat for free JUST LIKE FACEBOOK:]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 05:31 PM

you could just make a fan page on facebook. its the same thing so you could talk to each other. you can make a weird name so no one else would join. weebly is also awesome. you can make a blog and just regular website. you can update it for events or chat and stuff.

hope this helps!!

Ads

05-21-2014, 05:38 PM

You can not create a website like facebook with out spending tens thousands of dollars for web developer and designer to create it for you because facebook is actually software that is run on a web server(a computer that serves up webpages and runs web applications(software) to other computers through the internet) that you use a web browser to access. Web Designers and Developers are not cheap so it's unlikely you'll find a way to get a webpage as complex as Facebook for free from one of them. The only other way is to learn a web application language like PHP or Ruby(or any other number of languages), Learn how to make calls and write a database like SQL, AND how to make webpages using CSS and XHTML to do it yourself. The learning curve for each of these aspects to building a site like facebook is not easy as the learning curve is steep.

Take the advice of the person that posted before and just make a fan page on facebook that only you and your friends can post to. Anything else would either take a boat load of money or years of learning in order to make a website similar to facebook.