This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GIRLS: What is the real reason she broke up with me?
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
GIRLS: What is the real reason she broke up with me?
We dated for just about 3 years but recently broke up because we're going to different universities in September (im 20 shes 18). Im transferring to a local uni and shes graduating HS and going to a uni several hours away or maybe even one half way across the country. She broke up with me before she got her acceptance letters so I might never know where shes headed to. She told me she loved me, and she couldn't picture herself with anyone else but me. She said that part of her feels like we might be part of eachother's lives one day and we would cross paths in a meaningful way. She wanted to break up now so she had time to heal from the pain while she still had friends and family and she wanted to learn to be independent and learn to solve problems on her own because we've been together so long that she doesnt know if she has what it takes to face problems on her own. At the end of the day, she told me that we should stay friends and attend each others graduation in a few months. I also asked "what if you get a boyfriend by the time we graduate?" and she said that there was no way that she was getting one before college starts...

I found it so strange and shocking that she would break up with me so all of the sudden just like that... even after all ive done for her, and the 3 great years she just decided that it was over. It makes sick.

Here's the thing tho, last year there was this guy who she called her "best friend" or "brother" who she admitted liking and cheated on me with during a school trip to a different country... I was devastated but I forgave her because I loved her.She always justified those texts by telling me that there was nothing going on between them and that the guy was interested in someone else. I've been noticing random texts and snapchats up until we broke up a week ago.. And I noticed that in her snapchat best friends list that he was the top one now.... it broke my heart and i feel betrayed. Ive never been so disgusted. I know part of her wanting to learn to be independent and solve problems was true, but the other half i felt like it was just "fluff" to soften up the break up. .Do you guys think she was being honest or no?

By the way, i blocked her on all social media so i won't be tempted to look at her and get more hurt.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 11:22 PM

Goku sign out from here,go screw chi-chi and stop pretending yourself as a loser.

Ads

05-21-2014, 11:25 PM

Good for you for trying to make a clean break. Try your best not to obsess about it. None of us will be able to give you an accurate read on why she broke up with you, but the fact is that it doesn't matter because it's done.

And, as much as it sucks and as much as you don't understand WHY it happened, the fact is, your life will go on. It may not be what you pictured it, but I assure you there will be other loves in time. In the meantime, try and find things you like doing and do them.
05-21-2014, 11:40 PM

I believe what she said about wanting to be independent, because I&#x27;ve been there before. Was it 100% only reason though? I don&#x27;t really think so, no offense.
I feel like it might have been because she has feelings for this other guy, and rather than cheat again with the same man she broke up with you before she betrayed you again. It&#x27;s not the pretty answer but not is it extremely harsh. Either way I&#x27;m sorry this has happened. Three years is a lot and its a rough break up no matter circumstances. I hope you feel better soon
05-21-2014, 11:52 PM

That&#x27;s a lame break up excuse, no offense to her. No one does that! It makes me so mad! I&#x27;ll put it bluntly: it&#x27;s probably the other guy or maybe she wants to be a player in college. Get over her is all I can say. Sad As a girl with 3 brothers who have been loyal to their respective girlfriends, I&#x27;m saying that you shouldn&#x27;t ever give a cheating girl a second chance!!!