This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Chrome won't Install Properly?
05-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Google Chrome won't Install Properly?
a few months ago, i saw an advertisement for google chrome on google's homepage. i downloaded it with no problems from here and it was brilliant. it loaded much faster and i liked the layout and style. but yesterday, when i logged on ,the google chrome icon turned strange (when windows doesn't recognize a program). the shortcut no longer worked so i went to start menu>>all programs>>google chrome. the folder was empty. i went to add/remove programs and i clicked remove google chrome and it said it had already been removed, so i clicked remove from list. i tried to install it again. the installation windows came up, it installed, installation was complete. so i went to the start menu and the folder was still empty. i realized it hadn't installed (although it said it has). i tried again and again but it was the same result.

plz can anyone help me?
chris,
i did exactly what you said but it still didn't appear to install. is there anything else i could do? (i am using xp)! thnx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 09:13 AM

try to download google chrome but from another link like:
brothersoft.com
rocketdownload.com

Ads

05-22-2014, 09:29 AM

Ok sometimes programs have problems re-downloading because of previous patches of data left in your temp folder. so
1. Make sure google chrome is removed completely.
2.Then go to start>run>type in %temp% then hit enter
3. Once in the temp folder delete everything.
(if using vista there will be a folder you cannot delete which is fine skip)
4.re-install google chrome

try that out, if doesn't work, get back with me with what happens
05-22-2014, 09:31 AM

Right click My Computer icon > Search > Files and folders > Type Google Chrome > Search
If it shows results the program has not been fully deleted - You may be able to right click on each item and delete (slow) but it removes all traces from your comp -
Restart and install again if you wish -
That's where I would start -