This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i break up with him?
05-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Should i break up with him?
Okay, so im 15 and been with my boyfriend for 3 years now (i know right? we met when i was 12 and he was 13) i've always been extremely mature for my age due to my childhood, and it is also a long distance relationship (please, no comments about that) when we first met, i was talking to other guys and was talking to my "ex" (honestly?! i was like 11 when i was with him, so hardly a relationship) and he went CRAZY and went on about how much of a cheater i am etc, anyway he was insecure ever since. Ive always been friends with guys more than girls as its a LOT less hassle,i was speaking to one of my closest friends and a few others over facebook, and one day he demanded my password, so i gave it and he went MAD, and that was the start of last year. ever since, he has been so controlling, i cant go out with my friends because he thinks there will be guys there, im not even allowed to the gym. he barely ever wants to talk on the phone and this year he didnt even get me a birthday card because he "couldnt affort it" (i wouldnt have even minded it written on a piece of paper. its the thought that counts to me.) anyway, a year later and he's still the same. shouts almost every day and curses, calls me names and everything whenever i so much as get a friend request from a guy. But i love him more than anything, when hes not mad at me he's the sweetest guy ever. A few days ago my dad got into an accident and fell into a coma, he still hasnt woken up and ive been extre (will continue..
part 2. extremely shook up about it and visiting every day, hes been supportive up until last night when i had a friend request from a guy who is bestfriends with my ex, he messages him through my facebook and found that out himself. He sent me a very nasty whatsapp message about how sick he was of me and my facebook, and how much of a whore i am and blocked me on it. This has happened many times before so i know things will turn out fine but do you think i should break up with him?
also, i dont even so much as have ANY guy friends now.NONE. i dont speak to ANY guys over anything, not even sms. but he is convinced differently. I honestly dont speak to anyone, but he is convinced otherwise. i think it is so heartless of him to do this to me on a time like this when i need him most.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 03:48 PM

From what I have heard it doesn't sound like the relationship is much fun, and you are meant to have fun and enjoy yourself when you are in a relationship. Honestly you do not deserve to be shouted at, cursed at or be called names daily in a relationship ever and it is not as if you have done anything to even try to justify this reaction. It does sound as if he is mentally abusing you if he is treating you in that way, even if he is sweet when he isn't angry at you. I understand that you love him it can be extremely hard to leave him but you can't let this guy treat you like this and I don't think that he will change any time soon as jealousy is insecurity and people can't really get rid of it easily. Personally I think that you need to move on and get someone who is sweet to you all the time and doesn't shout, curse and call you names everyday. You deserve better.

Ads

05-22-2014, 03:50 PM

IM really sorry you sound in need of a friend.I think you really might need a break from him if he cant trust you then he cant love you that much because trust is a big part of trust.I have loads of guy friends(i agree much less hasstle)ive been through something similar to you but not so stressful.Search your heart do you truly love him a real man would not ever try to hurt you but i know its hard to let go.You have obviously been going through a hard time a special with your dad and everything if he cant support trust and love you at all times i think just go back to being single for a bit and have a bit of freedom.Its up you though.Good Luck do what you think is best.......keep going you will get through it
05-22-2014, 04:01 PM

Usually when people get into relationships, they lower the amount of opposite sex friends they have (but that&#x27;s just usually). And since it&#x27;s a long distance relationship, it&#x27;s normal he&#x27;d feel insecure because he has no idea what you could be feeling (there&#x27;s a good chance for you to fall for someone else) so I understand him.

This relationship was a bargain anyway, it&#x27;s not surprising things turned out like this