This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are friends on facebook really friends?
05-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Are friends on facebook really friends?
If you have just personally met and get to know these people and then next day added them to facebook, can you really develop a meaningful some sort of a friendship with them over the facebook? For examplke, to get invited to their home, or a party?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 04:44 PM

yeeep sureee!!
they can start inviting u to events n stuff...
u can contact them privately (through messages) or u can write on their wall...
its really gd!

Ads

05-22-2014, 04:51 PM

You could get to know them a lot better through facebook. But, if you just talk them on the computer all the time, and not in person then they are just a "cyberspace friend." If you never see them and they live in a different state that's different. You have a reason you don't talk to them in person. But if you have five classes with this person and just talk to them on Facebook then that is not a friendship.
05-22-2014, 04:53 PM

some might end up being gd frds while others may just d cyber frds, so b more careful. 4 me i just have a nice time while chating wit them and take nothing abt it serious
05-22-2014, 05:08 PM

You can make really good friends by means of common interests; you can meet them through a group about your interests, say, "I Love Pottery" for example. You can really talk about your hobbies and experiences and become real good cyber friends.
I made some good IM friends that way.
05-22-2014, 05:20 PM

Hi, there are all types of friends on facebook. I've had classmates where I didn't know their name till the end of the semester and then I found them on facebook and became their friend, and through sending messages I got to know them better and then when we were in future classes together I felt more of a connection towards them. There were others who I friended on facebook and then saw them in real life and went over to them and introduced myself and then every time after that we would say hello to each other when we saw each other. Some people even invite facebook friends to their engagement parties and so on depending on how close their friendship became.