This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should I hire a SEO or market my website myself?
05-22-2014, 06:06 PM
should I hire a SEO or market my website myself?
I am starting a new website and would like to know if I should hire a marketer to drive traffic to my website or should I do it myself. I know I can do google adwords myself but was just wondering if an SEO marketer would have other ways to get a large amount of traffic to my website

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 06:10 PM

Market your website yourself. It will make you a better marketer.

Hiring others to do the SEO for you can be a hassle and a waste of money. If you're not an expert, AdWords is like courting disaster.

Study on-page SEO so you can make the necessary adjustments to your site if any. Then do a lot of article marketing to build up one-way links to your site from high PR article directories like EzineArticles.

If you have money to spend, better spend it on outsourcing your article marketing.

Ads

05-22-2014, 06:17 PM

Spending money on someone else to do your SEO might speed things up and also free your time - it depends how quickly you want results.
If you're comfortable with Adwords and you have some good keywords to concentrate on, then you should be able to do a lot yourself.
Article marketing is a very well-proven method to help sales and increase your backlinks, as is forum marketing, where you participate in discussions on sites that are relevant to your own.
I recommend having a look at the Warrior Forum and asking lots of questions - there are many SEO experts there.
05-22-2014, 06:25 PM

You should only hire an expert if you have absolutely no clue no what you are doing. If you have very little knowledge you could still post your site like crazy but do not spam.

You can submit your website to 411+ link directories, 74+ article directories and 94 social bookmarking sites. This will give you a higher pagerank and so you will be listed higher in Google. All this for just $3 per site, this is both semi-auto and automatic submissions.
05-22-2014, 06:33 PM

You may give it a try for self-SEO (before considering an expert) using some free SEO tools like: http://www.webtoolhub.com/
05-22-2014, 06:41 PM

Try doing it yourself..you can find out sites which offer free SEO courses and start learning and implement that. You can also get good traffic from Social networking sites. Web 2.0 marketing gives instant traffic.
05-22-2014, 06:43 PM

You can rank #1 in google if you use this powerful seo software.
You can watch the videos in their site to understand how powerful it is

http://funzblog.com/seoelite.php
05-22-2014, 06:58 PM

You can compare the 2 situations. What is more valuable your time or money? You can become an expert at some point but it may take too long. Imagine you want to win a case in court without an attorney. Every filed is complex enough and takes months if not years to master. What about the business you may be losing for all that time. There is a misconception that using meta tags will bring you on page #1. There is a lot to SEO, not just metas. SEO campaigns can hurt your business when linking from bad sites, directories, etc.

Try to find a company that has skin in the game, pay for performance.
05-22-2014, 07:08 PM

Hi! Brian D,

If you are too busy with your daily activities, you may consider outsource to SEO Consultant. Be sure to do some research before you consider hire the right SEO consultant.

There are a lot of Generate Traffic website or courses on generate traffic strategies around. Do check out and acquire skill on SEO or generate traffic.

It is good to do it yourself, at least you are able to define your targeted traffic when there is changes in your website.
: -

Social Networking Traffic Generation
----------------------------------------------------
With social bookmarking, you can easily generate traffic to your website, by submitting your website URL into social communities like MySpace Traffic Generation, Stumble Upon Traffic Generation which allow users to share their favorite sites with other members of the community, as well as post comments regarding the website content.
Here are some ways you can generate massive traffic.

YouTube Traffic Generation
---------------------------------------
Create your own channel after establishing your profile and reputation in the community. Drive traffic to your site by regularly updating your channel with videos, encouraging people to visit your site and contact you. Social bookmark and ping your channel.

Embed YouTube videos in your website, blog or social networking presences.

Be sure to submit your url to google, yahoo, msn, pingler and other site to generate massive traffic.