This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people take everything they have for granted, and they still want more?
05-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Why do people take everything they have for granted, and they still want more?
Everyday, I see all around me this materialistic world that is always demanding what it wants, and is never satisfied. People have become animals over the smallest things that life has to offer. I have asked myself this question for years, and could never find an answer suitable to what I was looking for. I get a lot of "It's human nature, and we all make mistakes" kind of answer, but its an excuse that gets old after hearing it for so long. All I can do is watch the world tear itself apart at the seams like blood thirsty animals savaging prey. This world is nothing but a disappointment to me, and it makes me sick to see this on a daily basis. Is this what has become of us? The world in general ruined me a long time ago, and I'll never get back what it took from me, none of it. I am beginning to hate the world, and everyone in it, and I'm not seeing any reason for why I shouldn't.
I personally gave up on people years ago. I highly doubt if any good people still exist. I ditched the whole idea of love around the same time too. I never saw the point of it, and it never was a big part of my past; trust me, it shows.
@ Troll Master, I can't buy these "things," because what I lost were not things, but the few people that were very close to me. I sure as hell don't approve of your disrespect, I'm not an idiot, just who the Hell are you talking to like that? I'm not the kind of person to take crap like this from anyone. If you can't provide any relevant answers to my questions, then maybe you need to go troll somewhere else.
@ Dark Lady, @ evee, I'm somewhat glad to see that civilized life still exists today. It almost made me smile for once in years (the thumbs down weren't from me).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 10:41 PM

well majority of people are blood thirsty animals..we are lucky if we find one good person to share our life with...

i found one...so im gonna concentrate on him and disregard most people..

i suggest you do the same...otherwise existence here will be unbearable...

Ads

05-22-2014, 10:54 PM

If it helps you any, I could care less about material items. Sure, having my computer is nice, but it if blew up tommarrow I wouldnt be heart broken, it is just a thing, things can be replaced or done with out. Now, if it was my husband or one of my children I lost, then I would be devistated beyond reason! Those are the people I love, and would give my life for! Most people see their value as being placed in objects, and forget about the true treasures life has to offer, like love, friendship, watching a sunset, you know, simple stuff like that. It really is rather sad.
05-22-2014, 11:10 PM

"I'll never get back what it took from me"

-- What did they take from you? Why don't you buy it again from walmart? I am sure they are still available.

There is incredible amount of redundancy with this question you provide. The amount of details is simply staggering, yet boring; considering the fact that you have hatred with society. Your understanding of "getting to the point of asking a question" is very difficult for you to comprehend. Most yahoo answer users simply do not have time for your ludicrous ranting.

Next time, instead of complaining, try to call the store and see if your lost item is still available.
05-22-2014, 11:24 PM

Consumerism, success, power, vanity and pride. These things seem to be what a lot of people are living for these days - and it really does suck.

I think people have always lived this way, but now the internet shows us more of it - and more people who are just living for the short term high that success and money bring.

If you let it get you down, then it will just eat you up. I think we have all (including me) stuffed up this world. We have very little connection with nature, and have lost our way and are not doing our job as stuards of this planet - and of our species as a whole. I still wonder why people die from starvation or from violence, while the rest of us live in luxury. I guess it is just the strong push the weak aside.

I don't understand it either. My best friend recently was so horrible to me (after I offered to help her sick child) that my heart has been literally torn in two. It was totally unexpected from someone that I have admired, supported through tough times and shared great moments with.
To be tossed aside so flippantly - has totally changed my attitude toward human nature - and has made me wonder why I bother supporting friends anymore - if really they don't give a F_ck.

I am still trying to come to terms with it.....but I have my husband and kids (thank God) who support me.

I don't have any answers, except keep looking for the good, the just and the kindness the world has to offer - because as hard as it might be to find sometimes - I beleive it is still out there somewhere!