This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can what you say on twitter affect your future/career?
05-23-2014, 02:31 AM
Can what you say on twitter affect your future/career?
I have a twitter account and I swear and say inappropriate things on there. my account is on private so strangers cant read my tweets, only the people I allow to follow me can read them. will this affect my future career? please help im so scared. what if I delete them? can they still get me into trouble

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 02:37 AM

Now a days many managers, bosses will check a person's social network. It is important that you keep your Twitter account private. Everything you do and say will potentially affect your status in the real world.
All in all, it really depends on what kind of career you tend to have, and what kind of people you are willing to surround yourself in. If you are applying for a low level jobs, then it wouldn't really matter,
other then that, you gotta be careful.

Ads

05-23-2014, 02:52 AM

Yes.

Very quick answer - NO company will want their good reputation ruined by an employee tweeting, these things have a habit of "escaping" and its not what most companies believe so its against the ethos of the company itself - delete it all now, clear it, and make sure you check with pipl to see if any shreds exist (employers all know pipl we find all sorts there)
05-23-2014, 02:57 AM

Now a days companies hire people to look through applicants social networking sites (Facebook/twitter etc etc)
If they find out anything that doesn't help the business (stupid posts/indecent pictures/anything that says anything about an employee or ex employer (bad mouthing anybody or the company) you will not be hired or sacked on the spot
Many employers now adays (my current and ex employer) will get you to sign a document stating you won't say anything about the company or employees or posting pics about them or its a breach of contract
So be careful, try to avoid swearing - you may have it set to private but an employer can ask for rights to see it or even have the company follow you - saying no to these may get you into trouble