This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
www.tagged.com is developed in ..PHP or ASP or any other language ?
05-23-2014, 04:48 AM
www.tagged.com is developed in ..PHP or ASP or any other language ?
i want to know that tagged.com and facebook are devloped in which web languages php asp java phaton etc ?
Yah Thank u Russ
but the question is still there that in which site Tagged is created iwhat i think is in php because i ca't see the aspx in url but i still can't find php at end or url
Allan Thank You For Giving Such A Great Idea
NC
Thanks For Thr Great Comments Could you sepsificly tell me about TAGGED
what forntend and backend they use...
?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 04:57 AM

Facebook is developed in several languages... It primarily uses ASPX but portions of it are also in PHP
Tagged.com, based on a list of their job offerings, seems to be PHP and Java.
Python isn't a language thats extensively used in these kind of things... Its mostly used for procedures where the power of a regular language like PHP isn't enough but the web developer doesn't want to go with the whole Enterprise Java stack or a Windows server and ASPX so they use Python to quickly implement routines that other platforms such as PHP aren't capable of accomplishing or aren't mature enough in that field. For example, while Google mainly uses Java, it also uses Python a lot to automate some of the tasks since Python is much lighter than Java...
Hope that gives you an idea.

Ads

05-23-2014, 05:05 AM

Facebook is in php
tagged is in xhtml and javascript

Easiest way to find out is to get a copy of firefox with web developer toolbar and you can get lots of info about any site you visit. Also looking at the address bar will give you an idea by the file extention of the page.

Hope this helps
05-23-2014, 05:19 AM

What is Russ S. smoking? Smile

Facebook is developed mainly, if not exclusively, in PHP. Python is in fact widely used for Web development (suffice it to say that YouTube is written in Python; Guido van Rossum, the inventor of Python, who now works for Google, was thrilled to find out about it when YouTube got acquired by Google).

ASP(.Net) and Java are favored by large companies who do a lot of in-house development. By using ASP(.Net) and Java, they can have their developers do both desktop and Web stuff with minimum retraining. Also, these companies tend to have SQL Server and/or Oracle back-ends that were there before the Web, so the use of ASP(.Net) and Java makes sense.

New Internet-only (or mostly-Internet) companies have no legacy systems and thus no switching costs, so they are able to go with low-cost solutions from day one. In practice, this often means deploying MySQL on the back end and using PHP or Python to build the front end...