This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skype isnt working, no reason why?
05-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Skype isnt working, no reason why?
I've done everything
I've completely wiped it from my computer, deleted all traces of registry files and left over files and every single Skype file known to man to have ever existed on this machine, I even used a special program to delete all Skype files from my computer, and it's been uninstalled and re-installed
When I re-installed, things looked promising because I had to re-login and re-check my mic and webcam and use a new profile picture
But you know what? It's still acting slow as hell, and messages won't even send
Don't give me the "oh just wait it out, it's a server problem" bullshit because Skype is working just fine on my laptop, and my laptop is 3 feet away from me
What. Gives.
I just have windows 8 not 8.1
I think I'll try installing an outdated version of Skype, because as it seems, several people are having this issue... Like it's Skype's fault? Who knows

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 10:49 AM

It could be the computer itself or maybe the software on that computer. I use to have a problem with skype on my laptop where I'd reinstall it over and over and still it would crash every time I opened it. After updating it I tried again and its worked fine ever since

Ads

05-23-2014, 11:04 AM

Same case with my laptop. I also cleared everything from registry files and uploaded it again but it is again slow. Sometimes I get a dialog box saying "skype internal error". I have searched about this solution and found that skype is slow due to new update and I was thinking to again install skype's old version. I don't know if this is going to work but that's what I will be doing next. If it worked, plz also tell me.

For the time being you can chat with your skype contacts from here https://plus.im .
05-23-2014, 11:07 AM

I also face same problem about 2 month ago. I just uninstall my skype software and install new windows with new skype software. this is very easy to use now. you can try with this way.
05-23-2014, 11:18 AM

If you have windows 8.1, that has lots of bugs...