This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Friend is Turning Emo, What do I do?
05-23-2014, 10:08 PM
My Friend is Turning Emo, What do I do?
I have a friend named K. (not going to say her actual name). She lives in a really small house with 12 cats & her mom. Her mom is a hoarder and her living conditions are awful. Her mom has brainwashed her into thinking that if she is not perfect she is nothing. She wears black clothes, eyeliner, ect. She wears those choker necklaces and bracelets and all kinds of things with spikes on them. She curses all the time and is so klingy. She always smacks people and steals things. She has been changing for the last year and it is getting out of control. She always complains about how ugly and fat she is which in reality she is OK looking and is one of the skinniest girls in the grade. Me and my other friends have caught her with cut marks on her wrist which she claims are from her cat, but their is another girl in my grade who cuts and the marks looked just the same. All of her followers and the people she follows on Instagram are either Emo or Goth, besides me and my other friend. She steals my markers in class and sniffs them (their neon sharpies). She is headed down a dark path and I don't know what to do, I don't want to smash her heart to pieces by calling her names, and I don't just want to just not become friends with her like nothing ever happened. Please Help!
Thank you Sandy, maybe your right, maybe this is far beyond my control and I just need to leave her be. I guess some people just can't change, thanks for your help and come Monday I'll start distancing my self.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 10:16 PM

You may not be able to help your friend. She has issues beyond your capacity to help. I suggest you distance yourself from her. She seems to have made her choice and the path she wants to take. Sorry but there's nothing you can do to help her. She needs the intervention of a social worker and therapy.

Ads

05-23-2014, 10:27 PM

Thats not Emo... She is having serious psychological issues and need to see a doctor.
05-23-2014, 10:35 PM

I agree with Sandy that she needs the help of social workers and needs to go to therapy but as for you i am not sure if you can help her.

You could talk heart to heart to her about all these things and make sure she knows that you care about her.

On another note. Emo is a person that shows great amount of emotion, is very artistic and dresses in a certain way. Cutting and depression have nothing to do with Emo/Scene/Goth people.

That is simply an old stereotype.
05-23-2014, 10:45 PM

Thats not emo swag fags cut them selfs too emo is style and the music tell her to not cut cos she thats bad and this is stupid to do that tell her go to counselor or something
People call me emo because i listen to metal and wear black but you know what i dont cut because its a waste of time to do it and yeah she shouldn&#x27;t do that
05-23-2014, 10:58 PM

She's not "emo" (baring in mind it's a sub genre of hardcore punk which stand for emotive hardcore, not a person), she's just got problems which she needs to see someone about.