This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't get over a genuinely nice guy?
05-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Can't get over a genuinely nice guy?
This may sound ridiculous, but I'm stuck in a bit of a rut and advice would be greatly received.
I'm 20 and the guy in question is the same age.
A month ago I was introduced to him by a friend when I was out at a bar on Saturday night. Although we'd had a few drinks we weren't particularly drunk and we hit it off straight away...we talked for hours, laughed, he held my hand, put his arm around me and even gave me a goodbye kiss after taking my number. He told me (even though he was going back to university an hour away the next morning) he couldn't wait to see me again, he really liked me and promised he'd text.

The thing about him was that he really was kind, caring and genuine. I'd never met anyone as lovely as him...and although he wasn't jaw droppingly gorgeous...he was pretty amazing in his suit.
I went home with a massive grin on my face and I couldn't wait to hear from him.

In the next day he didn't text but he did follow me on twitter. (I know that seems a bit pathetic but it did get my hopes up..).
I knew it was exam week so after a week of silence I sent him a direct message...he replied straight away! But after a fun conversation he ignored me and hasn't spoken to me since.

I try to meet new guys but for some reason I can't forget him. No one's really matched up to a guy that I met for a few hours and I feel silly. It's easy to get over idiots...but how do I begin to forget someone who was that lovely?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 12:28 PM

why don't you message him and ask if he wants to meet up....or maybe retweet something of his (if you don't wanna message him) and see how he responds....i know how it feels my ex was everything i could ask for and its been really hard to move on...so i force myself to go on the dates my friends set up and sometimes i really am pleasantly surprised....there may not be guys exactly like him but i'm sure you will find someone equally nice in their own way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply