This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my internet connection Running so Slow?
05-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Why is my internet connection Running so Slow?
I recently brought a new Dell PC the spec is an Intel® Core™2 cpu @ 1.86Ghz 1.86Ghz processor, 1gig of ram, and a 256mb ati Radeon Graphic card, It running Vista home premium. I checked my internet connection with a speed check and it's a 5mb connection. The problem is it can take several minutes to load a webpage. I'm using Mcafee as my internet security, but have tryed setting all setting to the lowest level and ensuring Windows security/firewall is turned off. Does anyone have any Ideas, or is It simply Vista and should I install XP

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 01:54 PM

Try optimizing Internet Exlorer Browser
a. Close IE
b. Click on Start
c. Click on Control Panel
d. Open Network and Internet Connections
e. Open Internet Options
NOTE: If Network and Internet Connections is separated just try to look for Internet Options
f. At Internet Options
Click on Advanced on the upper right
Click on Reset at the bottom portion
Click on Close
Click on Apply and OK

Try running
http://safety.live.com

Ads

05-24-2014, 02:03 PM

well first you should run a virus test on your computer next you should contect you internet provider and tell them to reset ther account as you may have addwere on there
i hope it helps
05-24-2014, 02:17 PM

Could be just down to the sheer volume of network traffic. I sometimes find at certaintimes of the day that my broadband Internet connection loads up at once, but at other times it can take a few minutes.
05-24-2014, 02:25 PM

Never go online with your firewall off, it only takes a few seconds to become infected.
Open the task manager to see whats running and check for anything that shouldn't be there, and run a spyware scan.
Windows may be updating, that can slow your pc.