This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where can I advertise a small online independent store for free?
05-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Where can I advertise a small online independent store for free?
Its not a huge store

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 04:57 PM

Youtube

Ads

05-24-2014, 04:58 PM

Hi Jenna,

That is a good question!

I would start by finding free listing websites just do a search for "listing sites" and you will find lots of them.
You can list your store, and create a hyperlink to you're website that people can follow.
Its a start but the problem is that these sites have 1,000's of listings and people may struggle to find you amongst the crowd.

Perhaps the best way to do this when you are starting out is to create a free blog on wordpress or something like that. You can write as much information as you like about your store which makes it more likely people will find it - you can upload images of your products, and you can answer other peoples blogs, and questions in your blog. It will take some work, but if you keep adding to it, people will find it.

The thing is, in today's world nothing is free really - so you can make a free listing on one of these sites, but you won't get much from it, you can pay google/yahoo to advertise for you. OR you can do work (blogging, and linking, and emailing), to attract people. This way you don't spend money... but you do spend time. So there is always a cost!

A final idea might be to search for things you sell on google/yahoo. For example if you sell.. I don't know.. Harry Potter broom sticks - search for "where can I find Harry Potter broom stick" or "harry potter toys for kids". The results google or yahoo returns will be from people asking the same question. You might even find someone who asked a yahoo answer for that! Then you have found your market!
Just reply and say - "Hey, Check out this (yours of course) small online store - they sell more harry potter toys that Dumbledore could conjure up in a month at wizard school!"
And hopefully you'll get your self a few customers - once the ball is rolling you will find, they will come to you!

Good luck!

A
05-24-2014, 05:09 PM

There are many things you can do to help increase the popularity of your business.
FREE Look for the free ways to promote your website these would include but not limited to:
1) Free online Classified Ads , search for as many as those as you can and list your business and its website. E.g Bagocars Classifieds is a free online Classified Ad- http://www.bagocars.com
2) You could create a youtube video about your business
3) Submit your website into as many online directories as possible
4) Look for forums and blogs about the niche of your business, give helpful responses or statement and put a link back to your business
5) You can write an article about your business or the niche of your business and put a link back to you website.
6)Post regularly in you facebook and twitter pages.
Give away freebies people love free stuff
7) coupons are also good .