This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help!ps3 error code 80710723?
05-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Please help!ps3 error code 80710723?
This code is bugging me for weeks i tried disabling the media server, connecting the controller,dmz, i tried EVERYTHING , i just wanna update my gta 5 and play(i also tried game data utility deleting) and when i tested my net connection it dosent show me the speed of the download/upload and i recieve this message saying if your router dosent support ip fragment some game networks may be restricted, PLEASE HELP!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 08:38 PM

First up, your current efforts are just making the situation worse; all you need to do when you encounter this error is just do a full LAN restart (Modem, Router, PS3).

For the Router support IP Fragment message, it's telling you that you're likely using Jurassic-era network hardware, and to get off your a$$ and upgrade it.

If you have your PS3 in a DMZ, remove it; there is nothing worse you can do than to put any LAN device in a DMZ and open your network to hundreds of 'bot attacks. If you think you have problems, keep it in a DMZ; you'll never get it to work.

Before shutting everything down, download and install (flash) your Router's current firmware update, even if it's already running the current version.When you run into problems like this in the future, do the same thing;reflash your Router firmware.

1. Unplug the Modem and Router, and power down the PS3 and unplug it and hit hit the power button to clear the caps.

2. Plug in the Modem first, and let it boot up.

3. Plug in the Router next, and let it boot up.

4. Plug in and turn on the PS3.

5. When the PS3 boots, go to your Internet Settings, and re-run the connection setup routine, using Easy as the method; you can modify it later once it's connected.

6. It should reconnect to the Internet with a good upload/download. If it doesn't, re-run the setup on Manual, and change the following:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.4

Save it, then finish the setup routine.

For hardware, if you're using broadband cable, you should be using a DOCSIS 3.0 capable Modem; my personal recommendation is to use a Motorola SB6121 or SB6141, as they're the top Modems on the market.

For Routers, use a Linksys E4200 or an EA6500 / EA6900. The EA6900 is the top Linksys model for now, until the new AC1900 comes out next month (at $300).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply