This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
completley remove all internet connections?
05-24-2014, 08:43 PM
completley remove all internet connections?
i have a computer that has different internet connections and network connections i want to completely remove every internet connection. it seems they are saved maybe in my router. i can delete them from my computer then reboot and when i pick find area connection they keep showing back up do i have to delete every connection in the router, printer and extra computer.
what i want to do is completely delete all WIRELESS connections then just make a new one between all systems. that i know how to do but i cant seem to get rid of the old one i used to use. any help would be grateful advance thanks
windows xp pro
Deleting and recreating your wireless connections in windows xp
1.Click your Start Button
2.Select and click Control Panel
3.Select Network Connections
4.Select Wireless Network Connections
oRight click
oSelect View Available Wireless Networks
Highlight the network you want to remove
Click Advanced

Highlight the network you want to remove in the preferred networks window
•Click Remove
In the preferred networks tab click Add

IN the Properties Window
a- Type and double check the SSID (network name)
b-Enter the WEP KEY provided to you by the office
c- Click OK

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 08:56 PM

If you are using Vista in Network connections you will have one link like "Manage your network connections" from there you can permanently delete it.

Ads

05-24-2014, 09:07 PM

First, go into each computer and manually delete each wireless profile. Somewhere you probably have it setup to automatically connect when it finds a connection. But You should be able to rid everything by going into (Windows > Control Panel > Internet Connections) Once you delete any profiles, then unplug your modem and router, replug them back in and proceed to use both of their reset buttons. Usually have to hold them down for 10 secs. Then all properties should be factory across the board.

Then it's just proceeding with the networking.