This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection Issues?
05-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Internet Connection Issues?
I run a pink Sony VAIO, Windows 7, Intel Core i5, and it's fairly new.
I still have a lot of avaible space on my memory, if that counts for anything.
One day I was using it as per usual, and the next day the internet just stopped working.
I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work.

It claims to be connected to the WiFi, but having no internet access.
All other devices around the house are able to connect to the same connection without any difficulty.
When you try to detect what the issue is within the Control Panel options, it claims it's the router.
I've tried restarting it several times but no success.
I've also tried to restart the system itself and nothing,
Not to mention I've also let it sit around completely off for over a week and no change has happened.
When I called my service provider, they told me it was definitely my computer.
I ran a full virus scan with Malwarebytes AntiMalware with no success.
I tried restoring the system to a previous state but even that won't happen, for it won't let me carry it through.
I've also tried making a new administrator account, nothing.
Last time this happened it was because of Avast! but I uninstalled the program ages ago so that definitely can't be it.

I'm desperate to have it back up and running can anyone help me please?
It's such a pain when it won't even connect to my iPhone's personal hotspot or other internet sources either.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 11:03 PM

Try to restart the device you&#x27;re using , forget the network and then add it again , what does it show when you browse? Does it load for long time then it says no connection? That happened to me it&#x27;s the device problem , is your router old? Some devices don&#x27;t recognize old routers so upgrade your router if it&#x27;s old , if it shows something about proxy settings go to the settings in the browser select &#x27;show advanced settings&#x27; look for proxy settings and look for use a secure proxy connection and un choose it

Ads

05-24-2014, 11:06 PM

Call your ISP check your that all the internet cable are all in also make sure that your drivers are updated.