This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
good internet speed for gaming?
05-25-2014, 10:53 AM
good internet speed for gaming?
hi i want to start playing arma 3 but i dont know if my internet if good enough. it is around
2.5Mbs down and 0.55 Mbs up and my ping is around 27 if i talk to my isp i may be able to get the speed up to 3Mbs.by the way i am able to play bf4 with very little to no lag in a full 64 player match on my pc.
please help.
thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 10:59 AM

Go to speed test.net and get the accurate speed. If it is near 3 Mbps then go for the game.

Ads

05-25-2014, 11:02 AM

If you have dial-up connection, you should look for a different type. For Online Gaming you can’t have a dial-up connection. Every game you play online will definitely not work as you expect it. So my advice is that you get rid of your dial-up connection and start to look for a good broadband internet connection.

If you want to be serious with online gaming, and you probably want that, you should consider using a broadband internet connection. Most game manufacturers give you the advice of a DSL or Cable connection. But as you may know, there are multiple types of speed for these connections. So how do you choose the correct speed?

Depending on the type of game, you should have a minimum of a 1 or 2 mbps (megabits per second) connection. You could start with a ADSL broadband or ADSL2+ broadband. But if you have this speed, make sure you are the only one using the connection when you play. If someone else or another computer is using the same connection and is (for example) downloading large amounts of data, this will definitly influence your gaming experience.

You can check your internet speed here
http://www.speedtest.net/
05-25-2014, 11:13 AM

Think 10 Mbps is good enough.
05-25-2014, 11:19 AM

You should go with the speed between 3mbps to 5mbps, Then you feel no problem for playing the game...........